Like everything else at Real Estate Rentals, paying your rent is simple: you can pay your rent by direct transfer to our trust account (our trust account details are set out in your welcome letter and in your General Tenancy Agreement), deduction from your pay or by using our DEFT Payment System.
If you choose to use our DEFT Payment System, you can pay your rent 24 hours a day, 7 days a week using whichever method suits you best. You can pay online, over the phone or at no cost to you by using BPAY!
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions below and download our DEFT How to Guide here!
Getting started with DEFT
To set up your profile over the phone, call 1800 67 21 62 (+61 2 8245 4177 from outside Australia).
- have a wider choice of payment methods including direct debit and credit card
- have greater flexibility to set up future dated and recurring payments, as well as a pay now option
- have access to view their payment history, including the ability to print receipts
Making a payment
- credit card and direct debit using the DEFT website
- the DEFT automated phone payment service (1300 30 10 90 or +61 2 8232 7395 from outside Australia)
- by BPAY.
- Go to www.deft.com.au
- Enter your username and password on the home page and select “Login”
- Select “Make a payment” and follow the prompts
If your financial institution doesn’t offer BPAY you can still pay by phone or internet using DEFT Phone pay and DEFT Online.
Credit card payments will appear in “Payment history” as either “Approved” or “Declined” on the date processed by DEFT.
Payments from your bank account will appear in your “Payment history” with a status of “Submitted” on the date it is processed by DEFT. The payment will not be authorised until your financial institution accepts or dishonours the payment, which can take up to four business days. If your payment is not accepted by your bank, the status will change to “Dishonoured”.
To find out why your payment was dishonoured, please contact your financial institution.
Generally, successfully processed payments will be received by Real Estate Rentals on the next business day if the payment is made prior to the relevant business day cut-off time and within 2 business days for any payments made after the relevant business day cut-off time. DEFT payment cut-off times are:
- 5.00pm (AEST) for payments from your bank account
- 7.00pm (AEST) for American Express and Diners Club
- 9.30pm (AEST) for MasterCard and Visa.
Fees and charges
- DEFT Online and DEFT Phonepay:
- if you pay by credit card a surcharge will apply
- if you pay from your transaction account a convenience fee of $0.85 cents will apply
- if you pay by BPAY through your financial institution, no fees apply